TheStudio’s year end production, FUN & GAMES, will be here before you know it! Here is some important information for dancers and their families.
General Show Information:
We’ll have a total of four performances: two performances of Show A and two performances of Show B.
- Show A – Performs Friday, May 11 at 6:30 and Saturday, May 12 at 2:00.
- Show B – Performs Saturday, May 12 at 6:30 and Sunday, May 13 at 2:00.
View the 2018 Show Information Sheet to see if your dancer will perform in Show A, Show B, or both Shows. It also indicates whether your dancer will be in Act 1, Act 2, or both Acts.
Rehearsal Week & Performance Schedule:
All rehearsals and performances will take place at The Lenfest Center on the campus of Washington & Lee University (100 Glasgow Street, Lexington, VA). Please make sure your dancer is present and on time to all stage rehearsals. We want to make sure our dancers are confident and prepared for their big show! View the 2018 Rehearsal & Performance Schedule for details about when your dancer will practice and perform.
- Each class will have a stage rehearsal at the Lenfest Center on Tuesday, May 8.
- We will hold a Dress Rehearsal for Show A on Wednesday, May 9.
- We will hold a Dress Rehearsal for Show B on Thursday, May 10.
- Show A performs Friday evening and Saturday afternoon.
- Show B performs Saturday evening and Sunday afternoon.
- RECITAL TICKETS WILL GO ON SALE MONDAY, APRIL 9.
- TICKETS DO SELL OUT so order your tickets early!
- To order tickets: Drop an envelope with your dancer’s name, how many tickets are requested for each specific show, and payment in the black tuition box at the studio.
- Tickets are $10 each.
- Reminder: Your account must be paid in full for the year to receive your recital tickets.
Hair, Tights & Costume Info:
- View the 2018 Hair & Tights Requirements for each class.
- Recital costumes will go home the week of April 9.
- Please remember: Your account must be up to date for your dancer to receive his/her costumes. Email Jo with any questions regarding your account.
Recital T-Shirts, Flowers, DVDs, and Tights:
A limited selection of these items will be available for purchase during rehearsal week, at the performances, or after the recital. Please inquire about availability.
- Recital T-Shirts: Dancers love to wear their recital shirts! All dancers’ names will be listed on the back of the t-shirt. It makes a wonderful performance souvenir!
- Flowers: Make your dancer feel special by presenting her/him with a flower bouquet. Let us do the work!
- Recital DVDs: Watch the performances again and again!
- Tights: Order the correct color/style of tights for your dancer (and consider purchasing a spare).
The recital is an exciting time for our dancers but we understand that it can be overwhelming for parents. We are here to help! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
We are so proud of our dancers! We look forward to four wonderful performances.